Marieta Mindalano-Adam, 56, is a businesswoman, teacher, humanitarian volunteer, civic leader and advocate for Maharlikan Filipinos. She is also the granddaughter of the late Rep. Datu Amer Manalao Mindalano, the first representative of the undivided Lanao Province.
She is the president of the Maharaja Tabunawai Royal Descendants of the Philippines, Inc., which is composed of clan members tracing their descent from Radjah Tabunaway and his brother Radjah Mamalu who led the Rajadom or royal leaders in Maguindanao during the pre-colonial period.
Mindalano-Adam also sits as the president of the Kesultanan Melayu Mindanao Darussalam Philippines as well as chairman or ketua of the Malay organizations of the Philippines.
In February 2013, she and the traditional leaders of royal houses in the southern Philippines were invited by the peace panel chair Miriam Coronel-Ferrer to provide their input on their roles in building peace in the future Bangsamoro region during the negotiations for the Framework Agreement on the Bangsamoro. There, the traditional leaders stressed the importance of preserving customary laws and enhancing their function as a reference for the administration of justice and promotion of peace and order in the Bangsamoro.
For her first electoral campaign, Mindalano-Adam released an 11-point platform that includes political reforms such as shifting to federalism, strengthening the campaigns against insurgency, illegal drugs and corruption, economic recovery; and increased protections for overseas Filipino workers, and human rights of Indigenous Peoples. She is running for the Senate under the slate of Faisal Mangondato and Carlos Serapio's tandem as well as the Kapamilya ng Manggagawang Pilipino Party-List.
The candidate's top priorities if elected to office, tracked against previous promises and accomplishments, if any
1. Shift to federalism, in parliamentary form
2. Pass a law to prohibit political dynasties
3. Pass laws to strengthen international relations and diplomatic dialogue based on genuine nationalism, national identity, patriotism and integrity
Pass laws to strengthen the campaigns against insurgency, illegal drugs and poverty-inducing corruption
1. Strengthen the protection, recognition and prioritization of human rights of Indigenous Peoples
2. Pass a magna carta for “traditional leaders” by:
a. ensuring participation in lawmaking
b. Provide scholarships for the youth who cannot go to school
Humanitarian and charity activities for Marawi residents, including reaching out to home-based IPs who do not have easy access to relief operations
1. Find prompt response to ensure economic growth and swift recovery from the effects of the pandemic
2. Pass laws promoting the development of industry and having a positive and progressive environment for entrepreneurship
1. Pass a law to create a film commission, to protect the rights of film industry workers
2. Pass a law to create an OFW department, to promote their welfare including providing scholarships for children of OFWs
The candidate's top five accomplishments and contributions for the last 15 years or so
Division Chief, 2016-2017
Executive Assistant II, 1993-1996
Since 2010, Minadalano-Adam has focused on humanitarian service, including acting as Country Resident/Manager of a non-government organization on Muslim aid based in the United Kingdom. She is also part of a number of Malay civic organizations.
She launched the Heritage TV Channel in March 2021, a digital educational zone exhibiting multicultural diversity and variants of heritage, tradition, customary laws, stories & history. She also hosts a program on cultural heritage. It is simulcast via Best TV and ATC International and posted on her social media channels.
1. Komunitas Berkain Indonesia, a private manufacturing company
2. Sultanate of Banten and Kampar Kiri Riau, Indonesia
1. Consultant/Representative and Partner
2. Advisory Council
Founder and host
Actions and/or proceedings pending against or resolved in courts or tribunals involving the candidate, based on publicly available information
Pending Actions and/or Proceedings
Also known as SALN, this document is a declaration of one's personal finances. Philippine Law requires the SALN to be submitted by all public officials and employees to the Ombudsman. Public officials and employees may opt to voluntarily disclose their SALN to the public.
Key details about the candidate's campaign
Datu Torres K. Butukan, Mindanao Campaign Manager
Candidate's major donors and campaign funding sources
The candidate's top advocacies in the last 15 years or so
2. Plans for livelihood programs, especially for those living in evacuation centers
As advocate and as country resident agent/ manager of a UK-based NGO for Muslim aid
1. Asia Pacific Royalty Association and Asia Pacific Royalty Foundation - Indonesia-based organization
2. TV shows on Heritage TV Channel, promoting cultural heritage in diversity and unifying the nation for real change and reforms
3. League of Empowered Women Association of the Philippines
4. Promotes the Kesultanan Melayu Mindanao Darussalam Filipina", or the legitimate Royal Sultanate of Mindanao Darussalam during the International Royalty and Nobility, through the following :
● Maharanee of Mindanao Darussalam
● Kesultanan Melayu Mindanao Darussalam
● House of MTabubawai
● Kesultanan Maharaja Tabunawai Mindanao Royal Office
● Pertubuhan Bangsa Melayu Filipina
● Wanita Filipina Confederation
● Maharaja Tabunawai Descendants Council of the Philippines
● the Muslimah Corner
● WarisanTV Multimedia Production
1. Chair for Philippines
3. Vice President for Mindanao Affairs
4. Leadership roles
● President of Kesultanan Melayu Mindanao Darussalam Philippines
● Chairman/Ketua of the Malay organizations of the Philippines
● President of the Maharaja Tabunawai Royal Descendants of the Philippines, Inc.
In February 2013, she and the traditional leaders of royal houses in the southern Philippines were invited by the peace panel chair Miriam Coronel-Ferrer to provide their input on their roles in building peace in the future Bangsamoro region during the negotiations for the Framework Agreement on the Bangsamoro. There, the traditional leaders stressed the importance of preserving customary laws and enhancing its function as a reference for the administration of justice and promotion of peace and order in the Bangsamoro.
As senatorial candidate, 2021-present, and advocate for autonomy and representation of traditional leaders
Basic information on the candidate's family, background and work experience
Datu Andamama Mindalano Mindalano, father (deceased), direct heir from the Sultanate of Uyaan Madamba Municipality
Tengku Puteri Hadja Jumailiyah “Rempa” Ampaso Panding Binti Anggie, mother (deceased), royal keeper of the Royal House of Maharaja Tabunawai Clan
• BS Secondary Education, major in English; Mindanao Capitol College, 2001
• Doctorate degree in humanities (honoris causa), International Study for Global Leadership, Makati City, 2017
• Doctorate degree in humanities and development (honoris causa), Bruce Harvard Christian College, Cebu City, 2019
• President, Kesultanan Melayu Mindanao Darussalam Philippines
• Chairman/Ketua of the Malay organizations of the Philippines
• President, Maharaja Tabunawai Royal Descendants of the Philippines, Inc., 2009-present
• Secretary, Pertubahan Bangsa Melayu Filipina
• TV show host, Heritage TV Channel
• Country Resident/Manager of a UK-based international NGO (unnamed)
• Consultant/Representative and Partner, Komunitas Berkain Indonesia
• Chairman for the Philippines, Asia Pacific Royalty Association and Asia Pacific Royalty Foundation (Indonesia)
• Advisory Council, Sultanate of Banten & Kampar Kiri Riau, Indonesia
• Division Chief, Bureau of Cultural Heritage at the former ARMM, 2016-2017
• Executive Assistant II, Regional Governor of the former ARMM, 1993-1996